Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Seggau Castle, last conference day.



Last night at the Conference.
I presented my paper tonight and it went over well...I think? A big thanks to Richard who helped me no end, very rewarding. We sit in on a couple of sessions in the morning then its off to Graz, then off to Vienna for another night....looking forward to that, great city.

The food today:
I missed the photos of breakfast....so just coffee for this morning. I had a wonderful bread this morning spread with cream cheese pumpkin oil and toasted pumpkin seeds, a beautiful combination and a speciality of the region.


I had time for a few more photos of the castle and the old 15th century carvings off the chapel.

 

The buffet tonight was very well put together, curried barley, mash, crumbed turkey, a very nice tossed veg, salads....and two "old school" platters of, Vegetables in a chicken aspic and Porcini Terrine, bloody lovely, went back three times.

 

Wow, great stuff, love the beetroot and blackberry jelly....



So thats about it for today, busy / busy.
I will be sorry to leave this area, lovely people, beautiful setting....but off to see new pastures, and eat plenty of new food.
Will check in soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment